Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software
From: "Steve Ashcraft" <ashcraft2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:48:51 -0400
The IBM PC has a interval timer that is programmable to (and don't quote me
on this) to 65,000 interrupts/second. This is the interrupt generator that
generates the interrupts which Windows/DOS only worry about every
18milliseconds.  I've written code to generate interrupts every 4000 seconds
on a 16Mhz  286 machine that seems to very reproducible times to .01 seconds
when processing interrupts from timing equipment via the serial port.  I
don't have any test equipment to very anything faster.
Steve