Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software

To: Clay Horste <clay@metashock.com>
Subject: Re: Autocross Timing/Scoring Software
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:23:43 -0400
Clay Horste wrote:

> Wouldn't environmental variables such as elevation, surface, humidity etc.
> give more accuracy error from event to event than the hardware or OS.  I
> would think that as long as precise within the same event.  I just wonder if
> we are nitpicking the wrong things here.

There have been numerous times where millisecond resolution was
necessary to determine the outcome of an autocross. Speaking of
nitpicking there is a difference between precision and accuracy. What is
needed is actually precision. The accuracy is of lesser consequence.
Take the '89 Nationals as an example. Oh, never mind. That's already
been talked to death...

Paul Foster