Re: FW: miata?????

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: FW: miata?????
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:15:43 -0700

Jeff Lloyd wrote:

> I have my bid in on one of these puppys for B-stock in '00
>
> it is 3 inches shorter then a miata, about as wide, has the same hp 140,
> weighs in @ 2200 (about what the previous generation R did)
> has 125 ft lbs of torque (miata guys how does this compaire?)
>
> the only problem I see is the MacPherson strut suspention, will it be
> adjustable? will I be able to get camber?,,,,  and will they finally put a
> LSD in it?

I think the big question about this car to me is what kind of tires can
you really stuff under there. I read that room was limited. It also may
take a while to get some aftermarket struts. The tiptronic style
steering wheel button shifter is a neat idea, but how well will it work
(assuming it is on the prod model).

Last item, forget hauling anything. No trunk. You will need a small
trailer to get groceries. 8-)

> anyone have news, I know it is supposed to be $8,000 cheaper then a 10AE
> Miata, I'm keeping my fingers crossed,

$21,000.....seems cheap these days.

Randy Chase
willing to take the risk for a BS MR2-Spyder