Re: miata?????

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: miata?????
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 14:06:16 -0700

Paul Foster wrote:
> Sounds like so much rationalization to me. Instead of trying to place
> labels on the classes why not just class cars by relative times?

Because similar cars are not as course dependant. If you mixed cars that
are very different, then course becomes much more of a factor (yes, I
know it already is). Just because I run the same times as an FS car,
does not mean we should be in the same class.

> Besides, when the 1.6 Miata was in BS and these cars were in CS the
> Miata was faster. How has this changed with time?

huh? Which cars were faster? The 1.6L Miata was not faster than the MR2
years ago. It was close and I was not a very good driver. The MR2s were
developed and faster drivers bought them.

The 1.6l Miatas are moving to CS more for the sake of CS than for the
1.6L miatas, if that makes sense.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS
'00 MR2-Spyder BS ??