Re: miata?????

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: miata?????
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 15:40:46 -0700
Paul Foster wrote:

> Before the 1.8L 'R' Miatas came along the 1.6L Miatas were dominating BS
> and they were faster than CS. How is that going to be different now?

        Beg to differ there Paul, but the 1.6's were gettin' out run by a bunch
of 20 year 914s. Ask Steve Compton, Byron Short, Jeff or Stacy Reitmier
how they feel about a 914 vs. a 1.6 Miata. The 1.8 Miatas however, took
a commanding lead over the class, and the 914s went by way of every
other older sports car in SCCA. They went either to the higher
preparation levels, the garage, or to the Marque clubs.

> Sounds like CS is doing pretty well without an apparent overdog. It just
> looks to me like Miatae will now be winning 2 classes instead of 1.
> Looks like another Neon deal from my perspective...

        I don't particularly see the 1.6 Miatas taking over B-Stock. It's
possible, but the current crop of C-Stock cars are pretty darn quick,
and the baby miatae might just have a tough time keeping up.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/