re: different review of the S2000

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: different review of the S2000
From: David Hillman <hillman@enteract.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:08:30 -0600 (CST)
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote...
> After reading this, I would never read another review from this guy in a
> million years.

   For those of you around the country who aren't familiar with Jim
Mateja, I'd just like to provide a little background information.

   First of all, Mateja is damn near the world's most useless automotive
'journalist', as you can tell, but specifically, he is remarkably
xenophobic.  Anything from Japan starts out with 2 1/2 strikes in his
book, and those Europeans are just barely tolerated.  His ideal vehicle is
a Buick Park Avenue, complete isolation from the road, but he'd never
admin that, say, an S-class might be comparable.  It'd be two 'twitchy'
and 'over-priced'.

   This review should, hopefully, not deter anyone from trying out the
S2000 for his or herself.

   FWIW, I used to work at the Tribune, and I never met anyone there who
referred to Mateja as anything other than an 'embarrassment' to their
Editorial staff.  Even the non-car people would laugh at his columns.  He
just seems to hang around because he's 'always been there.'

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 nma, scca, scscc, imoc