Re: 2000 Tour/Pro schedule

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Tour/Pro schedule
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 16:16:11 PST
Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com> wrote:

>Tim [Dennison] wrote... "Looks like the Northeast pretty much
>gets the shaft on this schedule."
>
>Many things go into a successful Tour/Pro event, one of them
>being an able and willing host region.  Have you asked the local
>NE regions if they want to host one?

I have made the suggestion to NNJR that they look into the
logistics of hosting one.  Englishtown is the only suitable
site that we have in this neck of the woods, and there are
some stumbling blocks that have been identified.  NNJR also
doesn't have the volunteer manpower to pull it off, IMO.  They
would have to get committments from NYR and possibly other
local regions/clubs to help organize and run it.  I think that
we should continue to pursue it, and see if we can't rally
the troops.  If not a Tour/Pro, maybe divisionals?

There's also the possibilities of other sites in the region, that
we have ruled out for regional use because of the high cost.
Does anybody know how much the SCCA would pay for a decent
venue for a Pro/Tour???