Re: Driving Shoes

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Shoes
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:28:45 -0400
>canvas boat shoes from KMart at around $3.00 to $6.00 a pair depending

>In the event of a fire: You must bend forward at the waist, reach down
>and grab both ankles, and kiss your feet goodbye.

Actually, I'd rather have canvas shoes on during a fire than any
other man made materials sneaker.  Oh year, the rubber soles suck but
the "plastic" shoes will melt onto your feet.  Canvas should do ok,
not as great as leather, but ok in a fire.

If you are concerned about fire use leather first (but with laces so
the laces burn off and the leather won't crush your feet as it
shrinks) then canvas.  Avoid synthetics.

Is this a cheery topic?
--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com