Re: Driving shoes

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driving shoes
From: Ed Sawyer <sawyer@waterville.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:46:20 -0500
I have a set of the Pilotis, the blue/yellow ones (forget the actual model
name). Nice shoes, good build quality. I ordered them right off their
website, piloti.com I think. I use them for track driving (havent' autoxed
in a while), and they are comfortable and fairly responsive. I wish the
soles were thinner and more flexible, but that's really my only complaint.
"boat-shoes" type shoes are more responsive in that manner, but don't
really offer much in the way of protection (on track situations). Once
these break in more they should get more flexible I hope. the one thing I
like about them over any other type of driving shoe I have seen is that
they actually *look* good. Most of the driving shoes are rather lame in the
styling department, IMHO. very boring, very similar to every other driving
shoe. No imagination. The Pilotis have nice details, colors, and overall
style, which to some people matters.

FWIW,

-Ed Sawyer