Re: Online registration

To: <TeamZ3@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Online registration
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:15:09 -0500
>Yes, the SEDiv Solo2 program has had online registration for several years.
>However, unlike National or ProSolo events we don't require prepayment to
>secure a spot.  You just sign up and you're in the system.  This would be
>hard to manage when prepayment is required, unless a secure credit card
>payment method is supplied.

Let me also add that the SEDiv system, while very good, is NOT automated.
What happens is you fill out a form online and it emails that information to
the event webmaster/registrar (Karl Rickert in our case).  He then has to
manually
update the pages and registrations.  I adopted his setup for something on my
own web page...so I'm pretty familiar with how it works.  The credit card
issue
brings a whole 'nother can of worms into the mix.

David Hawkins
86 MR2 CSP in pieces
TLS 15