Prosolo entries (was Fw: Solo participation too high?)

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Prosolo entries (was Fw: Solo participation too high?)
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:42:30 -0400
Arthur Emerson wrote:

...<<Obviously, the ProSolo license holders
should receive first priority in registering.  After that,
my feeling is that the core workers should be next
on the list, and finally the regional drivers if there's
any spots left.>>...

I think this approach will destroy ProSolo (and National Tours if the same
approach is used). Here's why:

If the host region or club gets excluded how many of them are going to work?
What in RE in his right mind is going to ask his membership to work their
asses off at an event where very few of them can participate? Saying "core
workers get a spot" really does not address all the local volunteers who are
not core workers but still are indispensible. I would say that at the
Harrisburg Pro 60% of the local workers were not considered core workers.

Any elitist scheme is bound to fail. If entry lists are too high then the
answer is simple: HAVE MORE EVENTS

Regards,
Alan