RE: Antiseize on wheel studs causes binding?

To: "'teamnet'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Antiseize on wheel studs causes binding?
From: rsmith@bfmni.com (Robert W Smith)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 17:52:06 -0400
I've been using anti-seize on wheel studs for what seems like forever and
have never experienced a problem. At almost every event I have attended
there was one or more racer-wanna-bes that just broke a stud and had to go
home, unfulfilled. Many times I hear the high pitched screams of an almost
seized lug nut on a stud just ready to gall the treads or break.

I clean the studs with a hand operated wire brush every 3 or 4 tire changes
and re-apply a light coat of anti-seize. I also replace the lug nuts every
2 or 3 years just to be safe.

A broken wheel stud can really ruin your day.

RacerRobb