Re: new to list

To: Jeff Lloyd <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Subject: Re: new to list
From: Tim Schuh <tim@wankel.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:35:52 -0500
Jeff Lloyd wrote:
> "lets allow almost unlimited mods as long as you have somthing resembling a
> rear seat, ummm I mean HAD a rear seat because you are allowed to remove
> them, I mean except porsche cars, they might be faster then a well prepaired
> eclipse, and they have a back seat, oh no not ANY porsches not even the
> sedate 924's that's right they are MUCH sportier then a supra or eclipse..
> Oh yea and we will allow RX7 2+2 but only if they don't upset the class.."

> PS. I love the rest of SM just not the silly exclusions..

I agree, and not just because I have two Rx-7s. =)  For some reason,
the way the rule is interpreted allows Ford Mustangs to compete.
These are decidedly sports cars even if they happen to be built on
a sedan chassis.  I'm not sure about that, not being a Ford guy.  My
very much slower 84 Rx-7 can't run in SM but Mustangs can?  That
really makes me scratch my head.  Obviously the intent was there when
they wrote the rules but but it seems they missed some very obvious
exceptions.  I love the intent of SM and I'm really looking forward to
see what people can do with the class but it should be a little more
specific in it's description of allowed cars.  Perhaps I'll just get a
Cortina and put a Rover V-8 in it instead of further developing my CSP car. =)

I do have a solution though.  Super Street Mod or Sports Street Mod.
Perhaps just rewriting the ruls for SM would do the job.  Oh wait, my
input doesn't mean a darn thing does it?  Afterall, I do have two seat
sports car.

--
Tim Schuh - http://www.wankel.net
"If ya ain't hitting cones, ya ain't drivin' fast enough!" - Me

SCCA Texas Region
84 Mazda Rx-7 GSL-SE - #14 C Street Prepared
93 Mazda Rx-7 base   - Aftermarket everything
90 Dodge B250 Conversion -  #1 Love-nasium and Tow Vehicle

Dallas / Fort Worth Rx-7 list   : dfw-rx7@wankel.net
Dallas / Fort Worth Rx-7 webpage: dfwrx7.wankel.net
QwikData Data Acquisition list  : qwikdata@wankel.net
QwikData Data Acquisition Docs  : http://qwikdata.ugly.net
Texas Region Autocross Video    : http://autocross.ugly.net