RE: SS/WS6 stock classification

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SS/WS6 stock classification
From: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:17:48 -0700
Anytime a car can get a lower PAX merely by changing the letters on the car
(SS to ESP), there's clearly something wrong with that car's classification.
The WS6, Camaro SS (and I think Supra Turbo and 300ZXTT) all had that
absurdity. They need to be moved out of SS (or whatever the top stock class
next year is called). Try them out in the next lower class.

I also agree the Viper needs to be able to play in stock. And since the 1000
car rule doesn't seem to exist (I think 10 1999 WS6 were made, Saleen and
Shelby never made 1000 cars in a year, etc), go ahead and throw the 95 Cobra
Rs in with the WS6/SS cars too.