Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer (VERY LONG)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer (VERY LONG)
From: "Richard Rees" <greyhawke@home.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:14:26 -0500
Aye, I agree as well.  If there is no statistically significant data to show
ANY CAR being an overdog in the class, don't change it.  Examine the results
from the National Tour and Nationals itself.  Take a sampling from the
regional events.  And remember, a driver dominating a class may not be a
data point if he dominated his class last year.

To address the car set up issues, they seem to be very personal.  How much
under/oversteer a driver is used to, for example.  However, this can be
mitigated by communication.  If there is a "winning setup" with which a
driver appears to demonstrate that a car is an overdog, publish it on
team.net and broadcast it around the community.  Let other drivers of the
same car set up their cars in a similar fashion, and have at it.  Many more
data points.

I am in my first season, and I don't claim to be an experienced autocrosser
or car expert.  (I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV either)  From
what I have heard from those who have raced many years is that the stock
classes usually vary from year to year in terms of competition.  AS, for
what ever reason, is a fairly competitive class, with lots of competitive
cars to choose from.  If there is a decrease in entries in AS that are not
s2000s, or s2000s start winning against a mixed field, then it is time to
revisit the issue.  Here in Chicago AS, at our last event there were 2
s2000s and  S4 that I saw.  The S4 took the day.

R/