Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer (VERY LONG)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer (VERY LONG)
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:26:50 -0400
I agree with most of what Gary said, except I don't see the
clear dominance of the C4 in S2.  In National Tour and Pro
Solo competition this year, comparing the fastest C4 vs the
fastest *AS* Boxter, the score is 5 wins for the C4, 5 wins
for the Boxter, and one tie (I went to the nearest tenth).  That's
the regular Boxter, not the S. I  found the S in the results once
and it was ahead of the best C4.  Sure, there are a ton of variables
in that comparison, but it definitely doesn't appear the C4 will
dominate the Boxter S.  The Boxter S is new, rare, and
undeveloped and already very fast.

I do agree that the ZR1 should be with the rest of the C4s in S2.

Kent Rafferty

Gary wrote:
<snip>
Looking at the proposed Class 2, the C4 Corvette will clearly
dominate, with the unproven $54K Boxster S a possible threat
once in a while. <snip>