Re: Hoosier Tire Splits + rim protectors?

To: rkatona@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier Tire Splits + rim protectors?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:38:39 EDT
In a message dated 7/12/00 5:03:34 PM Central Daylight Time,
rkatona@bellatlantic.net writes:

<<
 Now here's something for ya... when my new A3S03s arrived, they looked a
 bit different. Hmmm... something funny about that bead area. Yup, looks
 like they have a rim protector bulge just above the bead area. Wonder if
 they'll still fit my car? Anyone run into problems with this? I didn't
 have much clearance to begin with. >>

I refer to it as the cantilever design though it's really not

You have the 2000 tire with the new bead construction; I think only 17" and
up got the bead change  It lets the tread lay flatter when installed on
narrow rims  The tire sidewall actually bulges less  I think you'll be ok

mark sipe