Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero classing)

To: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>, <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>,
Subject: Re: Fair Classing for everybody is ridiculous? (was Fiero classing)
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 00:20:45 -0500
To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>; Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
<Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>; jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>

>> >if one shows up in a
>> >Neon in ES on day-one, he will probably be able to beat the competent
>> >competitor with years of experience in an ES 2.5L Fiero after 2 or three
>> >events.
>>
>> I'll take that bet.  You supply the ES 2.5L Fiero in good condition.
I'll
>> drive it here for a season.  I'll buy the tires.  Then you send your
>novice
>> in his Neon.  I'll kick him.  And I am not that good.  A top driver like
>> Tunnell  (either one of them) will clean his clock without any experience
>in
>> the Fiero.
>
>Aren't you comparing apples and torque wrenches? Tunnell could walk the
>course faster than a rookie in a Neon!!

Hey, you said "the competent competitor with years of experience in an ES
2.5L Fiero".  I'm offering you me, with one season's experience in an ES
2.5L Fiero.  I think I am spotting you quite a bit, here.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green