Re: Wendover SS Results - Vette!

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: Wendover SS Results - Vette!
From: Gary Thomason <gtsolo2@home.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:05:12 -0700
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:

> Congrats to Stacy M for what looks like fast time on one side by .001 over Tom
> K.  Erik took the overall win but the times were all within one and a half
> tenths.
>
> Looks like the C5 can run with the RX-7...what happend to the "RX7 KLR" C4?
>
> AB
> Wanting a hardtop in the worst way!

My information is that the course was basically two dragstrips, one on
the way out and one on the way back, with many cars crossing the finish
in third gear. The C5 is easily the best car in SS on a dragstrip.
A well known Miata driver told me he lifted like three times for the
entire course, which based on his finishing position was once too many.

When was the last time you saw C Stock faster than B Stock? Also looks
to me like the Type R should go to A Stock. ;-) You aren't focusing in
on one event too much again are you????
:-) <g> :-) <g>, etc.

Perhaps you should have bought GH's hardtop when he was desperately
trying to unload it? How about asking Matthew Braun if he thinks it is
a RX7TT beater? Just a thought.

Not to take anything away from Stacey and Laura, congrats to both on
fine finishes as usual. I understand Laura ran some times in the
Challenge that would have put her in the thick of things in the open
class. Both did really well in Lemoore too. Based on some of the
recent results around the country and personal experience behind the
wheel of a friend's hardtop at an event last week, I'd say the new Z06
is going to put and end to the dominance of the RX7. Anyone want a
co-driver?

Gary