Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: Hottvr@aol.com, GSMnow@aol.com, Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: HAVOCDEAN@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 01:03:51 EDT
Mike,

       First, I think that all rookies in autox should start in a stock class
car for at least 2 years. Why, because your learning curve is high, more
prone to making mistakes, and its hard to tell if you improved because of you
or the car getting better.

       Stock limits you to changing the car allows you to concentrate mostly
on yourself. It also allows you a direct comparison with cars VERY close to
yours. Also, you can learn from these people what works and doesn't so you
don't waste time and money making the same mistakes as they did, I.E making
your learning curve that much quicker.

         I am so grateful that when I started autoxing in 1985, that the help
of experienced driver's and LISTENED to and work with the priceless advice I
received from them. I oue 99% of my sucess to them!!!!!!!!

        I still go back to school often to try and stay as sharp as I can.
Hell, I feel, Let Ford, GM, Chrysler and all the rest build the car and let
me see just how much it will take!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dean Sapp ( just my $0.02 from 15 years experience)