Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.

To: narby@centurytel.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buying a win?? Spend it on school.
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:16:17 EDT
In a message dated 7/22/00 12:20:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
narby@centurytel.net writes:

<< The issue I think the previous author was trying to address is the
MAGNITUDE of the difference. I agree that at the highest levels of the sport
the difference between drivers is smaller than it is at novice/regional
levels. So at the highest levels, you have to tweak the car a lot as well,
since the driver is already pretty well tweaked and the relative differences
between drivers are small...

 In terms of bang for the buck in a given car, however, driver improvement is
a very efficient improvement to make - that and tires.

 Doug Narby

Thats part of what I was trying to say(And obviously didn't do it very well)
the other part is this. I started driving Autox in CM and quickly found out
that there were lots
of things that could be done to make the car faster even though my experience
in the car was limited. When you talk about stock class cars(as many do on
this list) you have to realize that a Camaro is a Camaro and a Neon is a
Neon. There
is not a lot you can do to make one Neon or Camaro better than another.
In mod cars its much easier(It just costs money) to fix things. All I'm
saying is
an average driver(Insert me here) in a really sorted car will always beat the
best
driver in a poorly developed car. Thats why I said that its 90% car
preparation
and 10% driver training.

Mike B. 99cm