Re: Reruns at Nats

To: "Stacey DeSpelder" <37csp@pathwaynet.com>, "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reruns at Nats
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:29:47 -0500
>Course designers should be more aware of this.  Hitting one cone or hitting
2+
>cones in the same spot  has the same effect- it's not your fastest run.
>There's no reason to clutter up the course with unnecessary cones in an
area
>where they are most likely to be hit.  It just slows down the event, IMHO.
============================
Ahh, the infamous "Kenny" cones.  The North course was riddled with them and
the South course was wonderfully devoid of them.  Of course the South course
had enough room that one could hang themselves simply by being too far off
the proper line, yet _still_ not hit a cone.  In my opinion, you had to
really REALLY want to hit a cone on the South course.

I agree that there's no need to put a cone on the course just to make it a
Kenny cone.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Whether outwardly or inwardly, whether in space or time,
the farther we penetrate the unknown,
the vaster and more marvelous it becomes."
Charles A. Lindbergh