Re: New CEO

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New CEO
From: Randall E Keeton <randykeeton@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 23:32:01 -0500
To all,
I was working as the starter on the south course during the fifth heat on
Wednesday when our CEO, Steve Johnson, casually walked up to me and said
hello.  My first reaction was "Who let this guy up here and why wasn't
the course chief running him off."  I continued to send cars out while
running through my mind what to do with this guy.  Then it hit me that
this was the "man" and that was why no one was chasing him off.  When the
truck went out to pick up sheets or when we had a break on the starting
line, I talked to him and was impressed with his eagerness to be a part
of all we do.  I don't pretend to know all that goes on at the "Denver"
level but when I was starting to  sweep the starting line and he grabbed
the broom and said  "Let me do that", I didn't argue and I was impressed.
 I mentioned to him that I heard he was driving in CP and he acted
surprised.  He said that he didn't know about  that and he mentioned that
he didn't want to try driving at this level at this time, but might try
it at a local event.  I never met or spoke to Nick Craw.  I can say that
I worked with Steve Johnson at the 2000 Nationals.

Randy Keeton
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.