RE: Tow Vehicle Question

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tow Vehicle Question
From: gregg lee <gregglee@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 08:05:53 -0500
I agree, and emphasize care in selecting trailer.  Two wheel could barely
handle 1500 lb car, but 4 wheel is much more stable and has plenty of tire
capacity reserve.  Good trailer brakes are a must.  Don't cut corners on
the trailer.

Also check into your insurance.  Typical auto policy does NOT cover your
car while being towed on a trailer. You may need an "off-track " policy (as
in any place but on the race track) or adder to your present insurance if
available.

A full size pickup or SUV will tow better and will have more power for
hills, and may not cost any more used than compact SUV like Exploder.  Just
depends on what else you would use the tow vehicle for.

GL