RE: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: "'Mark Sirota'" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>,
Subject: RE: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: knuckledragger@kcweb.net
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:44:23 -0500
I don't mean to be difficult, but I think Jay is right here.  The
Solo II rules, section 1.1 on page 44, say "The entire SIIR are
mandatory for Divisional and National Solo 2001 events."

6.10, page 71, says that cars must be weighed in impound.

I just don't see how an event that doesn't comply with 6.10 can
meet 1.1, and thus it cannot be defined as a Divisional event, and
therefore cannot satisfy the entry requirement for Nationals.
=============================
On a similar note, at how many Divisional events is a check for proper fit
of the competitors helmets made?  (3.3.3.Q)  If not done then those other
Divisional events also do not count as National's "qualifiers".  While
you're at it you'd better also check for backwards wheels (3.3.3.C) and for
doctor's notes from any sick competitors ( 4.1.C and repeated in 4.9 so it
must be really important).

I mean if you really want to get sticky about every rule, check _every_
rule.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 STS    #13 TLS