Re: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 08:53:00 -0400
Jay, Cen Div has an eight event Divisional Series, has had since the mid
80's, sponsored by Yokohama for several years, BFG for several more, and as
I understand, Subaru has picked it up this year.  This was a Divisional
Series, but NOT a Divisional Championship.  Cen Div has only one of those.
This is unlike SoW Div with our three or four event Divisional Championship
Series.  You are right about the Divisional Championship Series requiring
scales, and SoW Division owns their own, so it is not a problem having them
at ALL Divisional events.  (assuming you can get someone to haul them) Most
Divisions have to rent them, which ain't cheap, but once a year is
doable...Cen Div Series events differed from Divisional Championship events
in that weighing of cars was not required, but that series was/is a premier
series of events that rival any Tour or Divisional Championship in terms of
organization and event operation. Those in Cen Div feel that the current
National Tour events were modeled after that fine series, and rightly so
IMHO. However, unlike the Tour Series, Cen Div's series is an accumulated
points program, complete with a Series banquet at the end of the season,
with awards given to winners who accumulate the most points for their
respective classes....they don't NEED no stinkin' scales!  8-)  However,
unless things have changed, Cen Div Series events did NOT qualify for
Nationals...

Phil O. (former Cen Div Solo II Steward, former treasurer of Cen Div Series
events)