Re: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div

To: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: [kcautox] Re: Scales at Mid-Div
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:16:46 -0400
Sam & Greg Scharnberg wrote:
> Any or all the Midwest Division events satisfy the entry
> requirement for Nationals.  They have for years and continue to do
> so in 2001.
>
> Mama Sam
> MiDiv Solo Steward

I don't mean to be difficult, but I think Jay is right here.  The
Solo II rules, section 1.1 on page 44, say "The entire SIIR are
mandatory for Divisional and National Solo 2001 events."

6.10, page 71, says that cars must be weighed in impound.

I just don't see how an event that doesn't comply with 6.10 can
meet 1.1, and thus it cannot be defined as a Divisional event, and
therefore cannot satisfy the entry requirement for Nationals.

I'm sure they're fun, well-run events.  But you need to weigh P and
M cars in impound if you're calling it a Divisional.

Mark Sirota, NEDiv Solo II Steward