Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Nationals Tech and Registration

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Nationals Tech and Registration
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:37:17 -0400
Yeah, I think we all knew what she meant, just that after someone pointed it
out, "trailers connected to cars in competition" or words to that affect
struck some of us as funny, but we all knew what she meant...

And I would like to thank all the folks who helped me in Paddock, especially
Eric the Knuckledragger, Pat Lipsinic, Dennis Barry, Dee Schweickle, my
spouse, Lou Anna, and others.  Lou Anna, Eric Linhoff, and Dee spent a lot
of hours in the trailer and on the radios trying to make certain folks were
parked and had the space they needed.  I don't know how many hours Eric
worked, but he was there anytime I needed help, and was willing to do so.
As for how well Paddock went, it worked for the most part, and we learned a
lot that will help in future Paddock problems.
I also want to thank those competitors who arrived and found paddock a bit
crowded, but were willing to take a space wherever we could send them.  The
fact that some folks did not properly mark their spaces created a few
problems, since those coming in did not realize a particular space was taken
unless it was protected by a pylon, or other device.  Others failed to come
to the trailer and report the space they had claimed, causing us to send
folks to spaces we thought were empty.  Admittedly, there was a lot of
confusion, and the lack of signage didn't help.
But we know how to improve on things next year, especially in how spaces
were numbered...having each row contain the same numbers was as confusing
for us as it was for everyone.  Next year, numbers will begin with the row
number, as in 101, 201, 301 etc, or at least that will be one of my
suggestions.  Even so, we were able to direct a lot of folks to where their
friends were located by keeping a list of competitors' paddock space.
Luckily, we did not have to locate anyone due to an emergency, or at least
any of which I am aware. Hope everyone managed to get home safely....

Phil O.
.