Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: Jeff@Winchell.Com
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:25:56 -0400
In addition to the classes you mention see SS, BSP, AS for the Corvette
and M3 drivers. In fact SM/SM2 can impact all the street classes because
anyone who likes the freedom to really tinker with their street cars want
these classes to make it.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz

On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:30:52 -0700 (PDT) "Jeff Winchell"
<Jeff@Winchell.Com> writes:
> bthatch@juno.com wrote:
>

> > I just noticed that we have 15 drivers in SM2 at this point.
>
> > The interesting thing is that only 8 regular EM entries show up,
> so far.
> > So, which class is struggling for survival?
>
> <BG>
>
> SM and SM2 will draw drivers many classes that aren't serving the
> SM/SM2 audience. ESP,
> BP, CP, EM, DSP, CSP are being affected... at least in terms of
> quantity. Though the top
> quality cars/drivers in those classes will still be there because
> most don't want to take
> the chance on the unknown results of entering a car in SM or SM2.
>
> Though the championship in Topeka is an anomaly. Class entry numbers
> are heavily biased
> towards what's popular in the midwest, and the ability to find good
> competition in classes
> that normally have *very* few entrants locally.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz