Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: Jeff@Winchell.Com,
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:22:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/02 10:37:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
Jeff@Winchell.Com writes:

> The vettes now have 4 classes to win in Stock and SP, so I'm not sure
> how much SM/SM2 will draw them.

Given the results so far this year, there are any number of Stock Z06's that
would have a very strong chance to win a SM2 championship if one were to be
awarded.  The opportunity there would be much better than in Super Stock.
Further, we'll see what happens once someone with the money, will, and
driving talent decides to spend $75k+; not too unreasonable of a figure
considering a new Z06 is $45k.

I fully agree with previous points made that it will take time for SM2 owners
to develop their vehicles.  That's exactly why I'm opposed to SM2 being
eligible for a national championship before it's time.  An SM2 national
championship should not be determined soley by the number of participants.
IMO any new class should have to mature to an appropriate level; participant
and performance, before being granted full national championship status.

Mark Sipe