Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: bthatch@juno.com
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@winchell.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 20:34:51 -0700 (PDT)
bthatch@juno.com wrote:

> In addition to the classes you mention see SS, BSP, AS for the Corvette
> and M3 drivers. In fact SM/SM2 can impact all the street classes because
> anyone who likes the freedom to really tinker with their street cars want
> these classes to make it.

I guess, but it can get pretty spendy to modify some cars. Miatas, Hondas, to a
lesser
extent ponycars can be modified for a lot less than Beemers and Vettes. Though
some have
the means, and that's cool.

SM/SM2 also attracts car owners who feel rightly or wrongly that they aren't
competitive
in other less prepared classes (e.g. S4, M3, DSM, Supra, and any car with
aftermarket
forced induction). The vettes now have 4 classes to win in Stock and SP, so I'm
not sure
how much SM/SM2 will draw them.