Re: CenDiv jerks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CenDiv jerks
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:43:44 -0500
<common sense mode on>:

I can't speak for anyone else, but your appoach might have something to do
with the response you get.  Go in with the attitude that everyone is a bunch
of jerks, and you will suddenly be right.  I think you would find a bunch of
very friendly folks at these, the CenDiv events for certain, but of course
there are those who are intensly competitive and occasionally show it.  If
you walked into a CenDiv completely clueless as you did with the Rallyists,
I guarantee that you would receive the same treatment.  Just because you are
not as serious doesn't mean you need to dis everyone who is.

>      From: Brian Knoblauch <BlueMR2@mac.com>
>
> <rant mode on>  :-)
>
>       Didn't realize there was an impound at CenDivs...    Just another
> reason to avoid them...  I'm signed up for the NWOR event (I swore I'd
> never go to another one, but the lure of the airport was too much).
> Hopefully the course makes up for all the bad stuff that comes along
> with such an event...  I'm always surprised that people go so far out of
> the way for the divs/nats...  The few times I've been out, I've found
> them crowded with jerks.  People are much friendlier at regionals...
> Soloists need to take some lessons from CenDiv rallyists...  I ran a
> divisional rally as a novice a few years back, completely clueless, and
> got tons of help and had a great time!

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailer Cabinets
Designed for the Racer