Passengers at Regional Events

To: <evolution-discussions@egroups.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Passengers at Regional Events
From: "Vern Anderson" <vernon_anderson@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:23:51 -0400
Hello all,

I am seeking some feedback and examples of how the various regions/clubs
deal with passengers at their events.  Our current rule is that only
novices may have passengers or ride as passengers.  The goal was/is to
keep experienced people from riding with each other simply to get a look
at the course prior to running.  This is difficult from an enforcement
aspect as you have to verify who is a novice and make sure one single
experienced person isn't running with every individual novice just to
see the course.  We have discussed changing the rule to be one of the
two extremes - either no passengers at all in any situation OR
passengers are allowed anytime.  There are tons of pros and cons to
every way and many issues, I was hoping to get some examples of what
other regions are doing.  Thanks in advance for any info!

Vern Anderson
Steel Cities Region Solo Chair