Re: [evolution-disc.] Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: rickcone@bellsouth.net, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: RX7cat@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:27:20 EDT
In a message dated 8/27/2002 11:29:16 PM Central Standard Time,
rickcone@bellsouth.net writes:

> >>For cars with two drivers, the first drivers of all two driver teams in
> each
> segment will run in numerical order, as directed by the grid marshal. They
> will be followed by the drivers without co-drivers running in grid order.
> They will proceed to the start line at the direction of the grid marshal.
> The second drivers of two driver teams in the segment will run no less than
> five minutes from the time the car returns to grid and as much as possible
> in grid order

If you read it without thinking about it too much, yes it's correct.  Let me
just clarify further by saying, how it works will be this...

Cars will go out in numerical order...if you hold onto this fact first and
foremost you will understand.
So...in any given class, the cars go out by numerical order, cars that fall
into the two driver category will be sent in numerical order, the only
variation on this theme occurs when the 2nd driver of a 2 driver team's turn
in numerical order is less than 5 minutes from when the first driver ran.  At
this point the grid staff will wait for 5 minutes to elapse before sending
the 2nd driver.  If it has been less than 5 minutes from the first driver's
run, the grid staff will move down the line, and come back when the 5 minutes
has elapsed.

So, the _key_ thing to remember is that cars will run in numerical order,(as
much as possible, reruns, and not enough time between runs will change the
order slightly),  first drivers of 2 car teams will _not_ go out before all
other drivers.

Hope that clarifies things.  ( I spoke with the Nats Staff before posting
this)

Beth