Re: Passengers at Regional Events

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Passengers at Regional Events
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:37:24 EDT
San Francisco Region started allowing passengers in the mid 90's (?)  We
realized that with ~200 entrants/event, there would be no policing riding asa
passenger before your timed runs, or who went with whom.  All drivers and
passengers have to display their wristbands to the grid personnel when
pulling into the staging line.

One driver was abusing the priviledge, getting as many "pre-looks" as
possible before running.  We had his co-driver tell him to cut WAY back, and
he did.  although some of us old fartz (myself included, from a purist point
of view) aren't completely sold on it, some of us (myself included) realize
that the benefits in instructing newbies, getting spectators interested, and
improving the skills even of the more experienced outweighs the purist
aspect.

Charlie Davis