Re: [evolution-disc.] SM2@25 now

To: awhollis@swbell.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] SM2@25 now
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:10:18 -0400
Andy, I fully expect the numbers in SM2 to build from here on out, just
like SM did a couple years ago. This year was just too soon to see any
significant numbers due to the temporary nature of a "supplemental"
class. The wise and frugal driver won't pour development time and money
into a project that has a fair chance of NOT being approved as a national
class. That is the "Catch-22" of a "proposed" class.

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:30:18 -0500 Andy Hollis <awhollis@swbell.net>
writes:
> AFAIK, the only real "procedure" is for the class to continually show
> significant subscription numbers.  Helps if that happens throughout
> the
> country, but especially important is Nats and other nationals
> events.  At
> the end of the day (or year, or decade), the SEB will eventually
> make this
> call when the preponderance of evidence suggests that its
> appropriate.  I
> would not expect it to happen after the first year, though.
>
> The only "rule" has been the one for when a new supplemental class
> gets
> broken out into its own supplemental class, which it looks like SM2
> and STX
> have both done this year.
>
> --Andy

Ben Thatcher