Re: New Car Classing

To: "Scott M. Stone" <sstone@foo3.com>
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: Bradley Lamont <lamont@mailhost.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:58:41 -0600
At 04:50 PM 1/16/2003, Scott M. Stone said:
>how do you spend $3000 on shocks?  last time I bought shocks for a car i
>was out of there for like $500 total... Tokico blues (non-adjustable) on
>my old 82 280ZX Turbo.

I started racing my S2000 two years ago.  At the time, there were no off
the shelf shocks (Koni, etc) for the car.

As a result, I had to buy Penske shocks and have Guy Ankeny custom
manufacture the mounting forks (they are really nice CNC'd parts).  The
Penske's were $3000 for the set of four.  They are very nice, double
adjustable, external reservoir shocks which also helped dial in the car.

If you have a 2-5-10-20 year old car, then cheaper shocks are
available.  If it's a brand new model, you buy high $$ shocks or you are SOL.

Brad