RE: [evolution-disc.] Harness bar...

To: "'James Rogerson'" <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Harness bar...
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:28:07 -0500
James, we did this one already.

And we answered the questioning party exactly as I stated in my previous
note.  The manufacturer states that it stiffens the chassis.  Without
directly viewing the parts in question installed on a vehicle, the SEB
cannot determine otherwise.  So it gets left up to a protest committee.

In a case like this, we can't make a final judgement without actually seeing
the part installed.  And even that might not be enough for the SEB to rule
on in advance.

If it was me, I'd choose a different design (or mount the belts elsewhere).
Actually, if it was me, I'd just use a CG-lock.  Its lighter.

--Andy

PS: For anyone considering sending anything to the SEB for a ruling before
Nats, forget it. Too late to be asking stuff now.  It has to go to
committee, then to the SEB.  And each has meetings once a month.  Can't
happen.