Re: [Autox] Cones and timers

To: Bruce & Mary Wentzel <greendot1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Autox] Cones and timers
From: Dennis Laczny <dennis@raceamerica.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:45:13 -0800
Yes, we have updated the LEDs to the latest technology
ultra-brights.  Part of the issue with brightness is the AC Adapter
is replaced by a less expensive Radio Shack unit that is not
regulated and offers lower voltage causing a big brightness
difference.  One of the new enhancements we added to the displays is
programatic brightness dimming control to tone down the brightness.

The problem with the mechanical Chronoimx displays was the segemnts
would stick as they aged or when dirt and moisture got inside.  And
the cost of the dispaly was not cheap!

I am surprised to hear the comment on the JAC timer of choice as the
Timer AC4 has been greatly outselling the JAC for the past 5 years
and now offers the latest 3850 model with a number of new features.

George, good luck in your search, let me know if I can be of any assitance.

Regards,

Dennis Laczny
RaceAmerica Corporation
The Leader in Event Critical Timing Electronics
(408) 988-6188
www.raceamerica.com