Re: Kumho Tires

To: <Larrybsp@aol.com>, <vettes@asu.edu>
Subject: Re: Kumho Tires
From: "Dick Buchen" <DICK_BUCHEN@novell.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:57:02 -0700
My Kumo's (which I also used at Buttonwillow), have the same split tread.
I was told this past Saturday by a couple of people at the AAS autocross
that this happens to Kumo's but is OK.
Dick

>>> <Larrybsp@aol.com> 03/13/00 10:03AM >>>
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

            I was inspecting my Corvette yesterday when I found one
of my Kumho 315/35-17 V700 tires had split its tread, from the outer
edge to near the center and from the inner edge to approximately a
quarter of the way in. The split goes straight across the tire and
down to the cord. The tread still had not reached the wear bars.
Considering how fast I was going on that tire at Buttonwillow the
prior week I was a little rattled. The belt seems ok. Its just the
rubber tread. Has anyone had this problem or heard of it before.
Any input would be appreciated. The Kumho is the best "R" tire
I've ever used. I'd like to keep using them but with some
assurance I won't get killed on the track. TIA.

Larry