RE: Course design and surface

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Course design and surface
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:50:45 -0800
I wasn't there on Saturday, but I do know the timers, and they very easily
deal with extra trips - you simply remove that trip (or trips) (even after
the car has finished) to get the correct time.  Because the timer is so easy
to use, the SFR events I ran last year tended to go without a timer person
in the trailer.  He/she is not usually needed, but in cases like this
(frequent walk-throughs of the timer) that person contributes greatly to a
smooth running event.  Note that the timer is not perfect, so someone doing
the hokey-pokey with the light might overload it's memory, but hey, if they
have that much time, they coulda gone around :-)

The chalk line (dashed, and maybe even in a different color) is a great
visual reference and great idea.  However, if accidents happen it's good to
know how to deal with them (note that this is in now way a dig against the
chairpersons or those in the trailer!)

Kevin McCormick