Time Slip position and "the chair"

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Time Slip position and "the chair"
From: "Steven J. Sherwood" <ssher@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:40:56 -0800
Hello everyone..new lister here...

I got a question about the chair at the end of
the course...you know ...the one that the time
slip person is sitting in.  I dunno...but everytime
I see someone sitting in a chair at the end I
get queazy.  Well, you guys/gals saw what happened
at the coliseum...many people gunned it after
the lights...got out of whack...and almost hit
this person...or at least got their sphinter muscle
to pucker up.

When at Mather last year I was sitting down giving
out time slips when Sean Breeze's wife (I think)
lost control of a corvette and drove into my
direction (while I was sittin down).  Well, good
thing I was looking the right direction...because
that corvette hit the chair I was sittin in and
sent it 16 ft down the tarmac.  I got yelled at
by Sean, for sitting down I guess.

Anyway, this has probably been hashed out before...
but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.  Of
course, a longer stretch of pavement after the
lights could also make it more safe so that someone
could sit down and give out time slips.

Sorry for rambling

Steve S
00 Audi S4