Re: Time Slip position and "the chair"

To: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>, Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Time Slip position and "the chair"
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:13:48 -0800
Jim Ochi wrote:

>I keep remembering that primer gray 914 in the 6th or 7th run group - on
>his first run, he took out what looked like the entire line of cones from
>the finish light to the time slip chair.  On his third run, he lost it even
>worse and took out the timing light.  Now, once may be forgiven as a rookie
>mistake.  Twice seems to be getting a little too reckless for my tastes...

I think you're right on the mark, Jim. I saw one of the 914 spins and it was
absolutely a case of not getting out of the throttle at the right time,
which is at, not after, the finish line. If this fellow isn't reading this
list, his friends should try and convince him to get control in the future.

The same would be valuable for any other friends with an acquaintance who
exhibited similar bad taste at Saturday's finish.

        Don