Re: Course design and surface

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Course design and surface
From: Jerry Brown <jerbrown@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:32:21 -0800
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> There were people (including my student in a BMW M Coupe on street tires, and
> some fairly large cars) who got through it very quickly, which tells me that
> the ones who didn't just plain screwed up.  This sport isn't about being
> easy.  I think the finish separated the patient from the impatient.

I agree, Charlie. Regardless of course design, it is our responsibility
as drivers to drive within the limits of our car and the course, and
remain in control of the vehicle. Certainly we all make errors in
judgment, but we should learn from them and become better drivers.

BTW, my big ol' Red Six (all 3600 pounds worth) didn't find the finish
bad-tasting at all. Somewhat unusual for me, I braked enough, and found
the element much easier and faster than it looked during the
walk-through. All-in-all a good, fun course.

Thanks, Charlie!

-jerry
71 ESP