Re: Add May 20, 2000

To: Alexander Komlik <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Add May 20, 2000
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:39:40 -0500

Message text written by Alexander Komlik

"
If I may ask, what is Duel at DeAnza?
who holds this event?"

It is an annual affair that has been going for over 20 years. It is
operated in the style of 20+ years ago by the College auto shop/club.
        For your entry fee you will receive a single run of three laps with
the first being a warm-up and the final two timed together.
        There is no class groupings for the grid, just a line. Get in line
and wait your turn. Be there by 7 a.m. or you may not be allowed an entry.
Just because you get there at the early hour is no guarantee you won't run
late in the afternoon. As my one visit was a courtesy deal, I have no idea
if they produce results. I suspect they do award trophies but have no idea
what classification system they use. Their rules tend to be several YEARS
behind the rest of the world.
        There are trees and grassy area surrounding the site and it has a
party atmosphere. Some people tell me they love the applause when they
leave the course after a run.

--John Kelly