Re: Add May 20, 2000

To: Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Add May 20, 2000
From: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:51:14 -0800 (PST)

--- Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com> wrote:
> During the last autox, I noticed a number of folks
> with Solo II magnetic
> logos. Also, Mazda Competition Parts sent me a guide
> suggesting that I
> purchase a decal kit, so now I have two questions:
>
> Are these logos generally required to receive
> contingency award money,
> assuming I ever get good enough to worry about?
> Which autoxes are these
> required at?

I'm pretty new to the contingency thing myself, but
it's my understanding that Mazda pays out the money
for the National Tour, ProSolo, and the National
Championship.  You are required to display the decals
at these events if you want the money.  Otherwise it's
optional.

> My autox ride is also a daily driver. How do I get
> these decals mounted on
> magnetics or alternative media so the car does not
> look silly when not
> competing?

Mounting the stickers on magnetic or static-cling
stock is a piece of cake.  I did mine earlier this
week.  You can pick up the stock at TAP Plastics.  The
location nearest my home is on Blossom Hill Rd. in SJ;
don't know where the rest of them are, but other folks
on this list do.

Hopefully, your RX-7 has a steel hood, unlike my
Miata! :)

=====
Scot Zediker
mx5_1991@yahoo.com
San Jose, CA

"At least once in your life, own a convertible."
- Life's Little Instruction Book