Re: Add May 20, 2000

To: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Add May 20, 2000
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:30:11 -0800
At 10:02 AM 3/21/00 PST, Rob Weinstock wrote:

>Are these logos generally required to receive contingency award money,
>assuming I ever get good enough to worry about? Which autoxes are these
>required at?

They're usually required at the big events, like National Tour,
Divisionals, or Pro Solos.  They also make you at least half a second
faster at the SFR events, and a good two seconds faster at marque events...
:-)

>My autox ride is also a daily driver. How do I get these decals mounted on
>magnetics or alternative media so the car does not look silly when not
>competing?

Just go on over to TAP Plastics (the fantastic plastic place!) and buy a
foot or two of magnetic vinyl.  Stick the sticker on the vinyl, cut it out,
and you're ready to rock.  It's real easy - you'll see people doing this in
the parking lot at events that have required stickers... If you're really
anal, spray the magnetic vinyl with a little soapy water before you put the
sticker down - this will let you squeegee (boy, that word is fun to type!)
out any air bubbles that may get trapped under the sticker...

Hope this helps,

Jim Ochi
jochi@liquidaudio.com