Re: Web Results Notification

To: Jerry Mouton <jerry@moutons.org>,
Subject: Re: Web Results Notification
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:51:39 -0800

Jerry wrote:

>> Hey! watch out!  You get everybody pinging the site every
>> few minutes,  you'll swamp the server, or cost SCCA more money for
>> a higher level of service.
>>
>> I post a note to ba-autox immediately after the results are up.  If you
>just
>> monitor the ba-autox list you'll know just about as fast.
>>
>> They don't change over time, you know (or not too much, anyway).
>>
>> This time there is a delay because our Pat is under the weather.
>> Keep yer shirt on!

If the truth were known, and it (almost) hurts to tell, some dummy (the
undersigned) forgot to pick up and deliver the afternoon cards to Pat after
the event. That's the major reason for the delay, as Pat had the morning
data keyed in by 7:30 Saturday night. And, I'm not going to tell you any
more of the "I forgot" stories from Saturday, it could have really gotten
embarassing, and expensive.

        Don