Web Results Notification

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Web Results Notification
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:09:05 -0800
So after getting tired of hitting the reload on my web browser pointing to
round3.html over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.....I
pestered a Perl-guru co-worker of mine about building a notification script.
We plan to have it check the web server every few minutes for the new
results, and when it finds the results email a list server a message with
appropriate subject line (I'll probably set up listbot email list or
something).

Then, I subscribe to the list server email list with the text pager access
address for my cell phone.

Cute eh?

We hope to have time to finish up the script tomorrow, and I'll post email
list sub info when it's ready for anybody else who would like to know the
minute the results (I know, often initially in a incomplete form, but
anyway...) are posted.

-Carl