Re: Rookie Perceptions

To: "John Kelly" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Rookie Perceptions
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 09:18:04 -0700
John,

I don't think so.  Who really cares about trophies anyway?
People want to do better than specific people.

Rookie program is not about easy trophies, it's about grouping
people together in similar circumstances where it will be easier to
make friends and establish competition as a group.  I have seen
fun groups build up in rookes class that continued for years in open
class.

Unfortunately some old timers really have a misguided contempt
for people who are not running in top spots.  Can you spell
"bottom feeders"?  If you can, it'sfind a friendly group among
us, sometimes.  Rookie program provides a way to overcome this.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!